Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lace

I know I recently posted about my current blanket obsession....well, in total honesty, I wrote that post about a month ago, and then let it sit until a gentle nudge from Betsey reminded me of my neglected blog.

While I'm still enjoying my blankets, I've recently been drawn more to some lacy knits... maybe the glimpes of spring we've had? I knit this Seascape Stole over the holiday season, and I love it! The pattern calls for Kidsilk haze, but I was looking for something a bit more substantial, so this is knit out of my much loved Silky Wool. I love the pattern, the yarn, the color = it's a winner! The larger gauge gave a little wider stole, which I wanted, and I did 5 repeats (rather than 6) of the main chart. I think it ended up being almost 24 x 75ish inches. I didn't take a pre-blocking measurement. I've already worn it several times.

Seascape Stole

Last week I cast on for the Diamond Fantasy Shawl with the Seasilk I bought at SAFF 2007. I got the pattern in my Think Pink Holiday Swap package in December and decided it was time to cast on. This shawl starts at the bottom point and goes up, which is a new construction for me, but I really like it so far. The yarn is amazing to work with - but very slippery. I'm using lifelines for the first time - if you drop a stitch, it will just slither right down, making it very unplesant to pick up. This shawl comes with instructions for a small (6 or 7 repeats) and large size(10) - I should have enough yarn for 8 or 9 repeats, I think. I've gotten a little further along since I took this photo.

HPIM0313

I generally don't like to have more than one peice of lace on the needles, but I think I'll be breaking that rule shortly. I just got my Spring IK in the mail last week, and I immediately picked up this yarn for the Float Stole - I'm not sure I can wait to make it! I've been squishing this MamaE laceweight at KnitPicky for a few week and was glad to have an excuse to buy it....And hey - the gray will be a nice change to the red lace streak I've had going!

HPIM0329

2 comments:

Elke said...

Oh wow, the seascape looks amazing! I loved the fabric the silky wool made in this pattern. I definitely want to see this one in person!!!

honeyonanything said...

I too cannot wait to see it in person - it's beautiful. Looks like you're not just on the reddish/pink streak, but grey too. Good colors. I'm so impressed with everything you make - you continue to amaze me (I remember when I thought my knit/purl scarf was an accomplishment - oh how wrong I was)! Glad to give you that nudge!