Thursday, May 8, 2008

Finally Finished!

Finished - 2 at a time socks! I actually finished these a week ago, and just haven't had a chance to blog them....Our local NBC affiliate has overridden the series finale (!) of Scrubs due to the crazy weather happening nearby, so I thought I'd post while I watch the news. Things here are fine, no rain, even, but tornado warnings abound in surrounding counties.

Anyway! I knit these toe up (WendyKnits toe-up gusset heel sock) at the same time - magic loop. I am now addicted to magic loop. It seems to go faster to me, and I love not having to keep track of 5 needles! Both at once is slow going - I'm not sure I'll do it often, but maybe on occasion. I also love this pattern. I'm not big on short row heels, and I adore this gusseted heel. It fits my foot very well. I think I made the foot on this just the teeniest bit too long, but nothing i can't live with. The construction of the socks lends itself well to knitting 2 at a time.

The yarn is Brown Sheep Wildfoote - Luxury handpaints. While I wouldn't quite classify it a luxury, I hear it holds up well - I hope so. I didn't love the yarn, and probably won't use it again. It's splitty and feels a little coarse to knit with. However, it feels fine on the foot, and will hopefully soften up more in the wash.
I've got another sock on the needles, and my forget me not shawl is about 75% done....I should make good progress this weekend. I've been running myself ragged lately and am looking forward to some quiet time this weekend.

No comments: