Monday, April 28, 2008

Catch Up

Well, it's been quite a week since I last posted. Things, as usual, were a bit crazy, but I had a chance to relax this weekend.

My birthday was Friday, and I was able to take off early from work to have lunch with my Mom, which is always nice. I spent the evening with my dear friends Dee Dee, Kristen, Melinda and Gena. We celebrated with Mexican food and Margaritas - how can you go wrong there - and a surprise tequila shot, complete with singing and a large sombrero. We headed to the movies from there - we saw Baby Mama and it was really fun. Thanks girls!

I spent a very lazy Saturday with Freaks and Geeks marathon and my knitting, and later some quality sewing machine time - pictures of that coming soon. Sunday gave me a little more sewing time, and dinner with my 2 best friends from high school.

So, I guess you might be here for the knitting, huh? Let's see...My CPH has been on a temporary break - I'm about 2/3 way done with both sleeves, but it's been so warm, I just haven't had the urge to knit on a big woolly sweater. I spend a good deal of yesterday working on my Wildfoote socks. I'm loving doing them both at one, and I turned both heels yesterday. I'd like to finish them up this week - I won a copy of MeanGirl's new Reversi sock pattern in her blog contest and I can't wait to start them! I've had them in my queue since she first posted them, so I was super excited to win.

So, the weather has me casting aside my sweater, but I couldn't help casting on for new lace! Last Sunday I cast on for Evelyn Clark's latest shawl pattern - Forget Me Not. I battled with tangly yarn for nearly 3 hours, but I finally won and it's been behaving nicely ever since. I'm using the Sanguine Gryphon's Little Traveller that I got at SAFF - it's sock weight, so it's knitting up quickly.
HPIM1715

I'm trying out these Bryspun circs for the first time. Gena gave them to me to try out a while back. I like the tips, but I can't decide if I like them. They're a little grabby, which will be perfect for when I do something with my SeaSilk, but I don't really need the extra grab with this yarn. The join is a little chunky, which doesn't help. I'll give them a little more time - this just might not be the project for these. Anyone else tried them?

2 comments:

Gena said...

I had a great time Friday! I meant to put the pictures on Facebook, but keep forgetting....

Julianna said...

OMG! I LOVE Freaks & Geeks! One of the BEST shows ever :)