Sunday, March 9, 2008

blog-iversary!

Hello! So, again, it's been some time - Life has been crazy lately, but I do have lots to share. But first -I was looking for an old post, and realized that it was one year ago today that I started this little blog! I know that the posting has been sparse lately, but hopefully there are still a few of you reading :) I love reading your blogs, and it makes my day that there are people that actually read this thing! I have really grown a lot as a knitter over the last year, and it's fun to be able to look back at it.

First up - I finished the Southwestern Socks (by Wendyknits) a few weeks ago. They went really quick! I finished them while in Georgia a few weekends ago with my Grandma. These are my first finished toe-ups, done Magic Loop. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersocke DK in Indian Summer. I also learned the Sewn-Bindoff, which is super simple and nice and stretchy. These socks have a gusset, rather than a short row heel, and I love it!
HPIM1568
I'm still on the sleeves of the Gathered Pullover, but no new pictures.

I started the Lelah Top with some Pima Silk last week. The lace on the bottom is knit on size 10.5 needles, and it's just flying along! I think it'll be a great summer top.
HPIM1582
So, last Saturday, Kristen, Gena, Melinda and I all started our Central Park Hoodies! I am using Valley Yarns Amhearst in Charcoal and it is wonderful! I'm ready to start the shoulder shaping on the back. It's going pretty quick and I can't wait to be able to wear it. I somehow reversed the center cables, but I'm ok with that - in fact, I think I like it even better.
HPIM1577
Well, that's all for tonight - I've gotta get working on those shoulders!

No comments: