Tuesday, February 5, 2008

sooo....

Here we are again....a post in which I pretend it hasn't been ages. But, since there's no foolin' you guys, how 'bout I distract you with some FO's. Look - shiny!

First up, we have the Unoriginal Hat. This has been done for a few weeks, and I've been able to wear it a few times. It might be almost 70 degrees today, but the day we took pics it was snowing - Hooray for hat weather! I used Malabrigo Chunky in Velvet Grapes, done magic loop on size 11 needles. The yarn is heavenly to work with, and the hat is cooshy and warm. It only took an evening and a half. I did miscross a cable, but I can live with it. It's one of the big cables, so I just miscrossed both, and it looks fine.Next - the long awaited Hedera socks! I started these socks back in August. For some reason I thought they weren't going to fit, so I put them away. I pulled them back out and thought I'd keep on going rather than rip - the yarn and pattern are just way too perfect for each other. I finished them up quickly and they look perfect! I love them and they actually fit really well. The yarn is the Unique Sheep Footprints in Morning Glory. The color is really hard to photgraph properly. I've already worn them twice.
And, since I don't like to have sockless needles, I cast on for some plain ol' stockinette socks at the last Knit Nite. I'm trying out Magic Loop - and I really like it! I'm not sure I'm a total convert, but I like having options. The yarn is Berroco Sox, it a great colorway. I finished sock 1 in 4 days, and am an inch or so into the second cuff.When I went outside to photograph my single sock, I took along some stash yarn for some Ravelry pics. There I am, outside - taking pictures of yarn propped in my bushes, all while wearing one sock. Yeah....at least half of my neighbors went by - I never see anyone, unless I'm doing something bizarre.
Speaking of bizarre - the Millionaire Matchmaker is on, and for some reason, I cannot stop watching! It's good for knitting time, at least!

1 comment:

Elke said...

If your neighbors think you're strange they won't ask to borrow things that will never be returned. Win!

Lovely socks. Again you seem to prefer certain colors . . .