Monday, February 11, 2008

Knots...

...plauging knitters worldwide.


See these lovely, matching, self striping socks? They are quite nice, if I do say so myself. I really like the way they striped up - sometimes when the heel flap hits, it throws off the stripe - like when I did these socks. I was merrily knitting along this this weekend, when something got in my way.
Don't see it?


It's knot - one that's out to disrupt my carefully planned sock! There are clearly 2 different colors on the ends of that knot. And they are not in order...urgh. This is not the first time this sock has tried to pull one over on me. There was a huge tangly mess within minutes of attemptin to start them - had it not been for Jo, these socks would be lucky to be this far along. We overcame that, and I will do this.

The sock and I have had a chat, and it seems it didn't spend enough time in the stash. I just pulled it out, and casted on all willy-nilly. (Apparently the other yarn was giving it a hard time, "we've been here longer, you're gonna be so lonely without us"....blah, blah, blah....)

The sock and I are having some down time tonight, but we'll be back together soon.

2 comments:

Gena said...

Beer always helps.

Elke said...

Everyone is having this problem lately. I'm almost afraid to look for knots in my hanks!