Monday, February 18, 2008

weekend knitting

I have overcome the knot - and I now have matching socks, down to the last stripe! Anal retentive much? The yarn on the other end of the knot was going in the wrong direction, so it was a little more frustrating than it should have been. But now I have two delightfully matching socks! I did them magic loop, and I really found it enjoyable, and easier to transport than the dpns. The yarn is Berocco Sox, done over 64 stitches on size 1 addis.











In WIP land lies the Gathered Pullover. I've started with the sleeves, done two at a time on Magic Loop. My hope is that by doing the sleeves first, I won't avoid them later! Since this picture was taken, they've grown by a few inches. This is the first time I've done 2 at time like this - the first inch was a little frustrating and tangly, but as they've grown it gotten much easier.
I also cast on a new sock - Southwestern Socks by Wendy of wendyknits. I'm doing them in CTH Supersock DK, Indian Summer. It has a very cool reverse heel flap - it's fits quite nicely. Since the photo, I've finished sock 1, but have yet to cast on for sock 2. I've been able to have a super lazy long weekend, which has been really nice - I've been super stressed lately...my car is on it's deathbed, a dentist appt...basically, anything that could possibly cost me any money....ugh.

But today I could enjoy a day off - yay, bank holidays! - with a friend from High School...And yesterday I got to chill out with Kristen and some delicious Indian food, followed by some knitting and the best hot chocolate ever! I'm in now, for a quiet night of knitting and October Road....just what I need.

2 comments:

Knitting Diva said...

I loooove your matching socks! You do such a fine job with all your knitting project. I use the magic loop and find it to be my preferred method these days.

Julianna said...

I love those Berroco socks! I just may have to copy you ...