Monday, December 3, 2007

This post...

... is brought to you by the color red.

In the name of holiday spirit, I hung up a wreath and put out a new welcome mat - I love decorating for Christmas and I'm trying to decorate outside too, where people will see it, other than just me. I also hung some lights outside - they are a really cute string of stars...However, I didn't realized that they flashed, and now I'm concerned they're going to give someone a seizure. If my blinds are open and the lights are off, it looks like a disco party in my living room - which rarely happens these days :)
I took a a long weekend from work, and anticipated much knitting time and some holiday shopping. And then I twisted my ankle getting into the car yesterday, not too badly, but enough that I don't want to stress it. Nothing's broken, but it's bruised and ugly and rather sore. So instead of shopping, I spent nearly all of yesterday and today propped on the couch in front of the television with my knitting. Much progress has been made!

The Lara sweater is zipping along. It has a rather interesting construction - I knit a lot of things that you can try on as you go, and there is none of that with this - so I'm hoping for the best as far as fit. But my guage is spot on, which makes me feel good! The left sleeve and front are done, and about 2/3 of the back. I've just finished the ribbing for the right front - regardless of the bore factor, stockinette goes fast!
I finally began my Curved Shawl, from Victorian Lace today. This is began in hopes of wearing it to a wedding at the end of the month...and while that would be lovely, I'm not quite sure I'll make it. I'm 12 rows in, and so far it requires every bit of my attention. This is not a shawl made for tv watching - which is when I make the most of my progress...But it is starting to show the pattern - the first few rows looked like what happens when thread gets caught in the vaccuum - hopefully soon it'll be better! The first few rows were difficult and loopy, but once I got going, it wasn't soo bad.And now that my eyes are clouded over from charts and tiny stitches, its back to Lara and the tv!

1 comment:

Gena said...

Hooray for more lace knitting! Sorry about your ankle - hope it's better soon, 'cause I know how terrible a twisted ankle is, having sprained mine something terrible back in the day.