Thursday, December 6, 2007

Rose Garden socks

I finished my Rose Garden socks last night, and they kept my feet nice and toasty today at work!The yarn is Miss Bab's Yummy Superwash Sport - and it really is yummy! I used size 2 dpns and cast on 56 stitches - they fit perfectly. I did my first short row heel on these. I used this workshop from Kathleen Taylor. It a no wrap, no yarn-over method....interesting, and with good results. It's a little lumpy on the outside of the sock, but that may be due partly to the thicker yarn. I'm not sure if I'm crazy about this fit, but I'd like to try this sort of heel again. I think I need to do just one or two less short rows to fit my heel - but overall, I'm very happy with them. The slipstitch heel flap is so thick with a sportweight yarn, and I really think it made a difference in the way the yarn spiraled - which I Love! If I'd done a heel flap it would have interrupted the flow of the color. As for my other knitting - Lara is nearly done. I'm down to just the right sleeve, and then it'll be ready to sew together. I can't wait!


I haven't made much progress on the Curved Shawl, but there will be much knitting on that this weekend - I hope!

2 comments:

Wuttisak said...

Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Orchid Care

Elke said...

Sock Knitters: My, what lovely spirals you have!
You: All the better to tantalize and frustrate you other sock knitters out there.
Sock Knitters: Nooo! Now that we have beheld perfection we shall always know that our spirals fall short of it!

Taunt on, my friend.