Sunday, December 2, 2007

Leaf Lace!

The Leaf Lace Shawl is done! Ok, it's been done for a week, but it took me a while to get pictures of it (thanks Cassie!)
I absolutely love it. It blocked out amazingly, and it really is the perfect size. I wore it to Knit Picky yesterday, and to church today and got several compliments. The color is perfect for the leafy look, and it is delightful to wear. I was looking over the blog to see when I started it, and realized it didn't take me as much time as I thought - just about a month and a half. I thought at one point it would never end, but then the next thing I know, it was time for the edging.

I never thought I would be a lace knitter, or a shawl wearer, for that matter - but I have been converted! The pattern is Leaf Lace by Evelyn A Clark and the yarn is Sweet Georgia laceweight in Coffeebean. A perfect match, if I do say so myself :)

3 comments:

Gena said...

It looks so great! Seeing yours has made me want to pick up my lace again. Too bad I don't have time!

Melinda said...

It's so so lovely. That pattern and yarn are a very nice pairing if I do say so myself :)

Cass said...

That backlit shot is really gorgeous. Well done.