Sunday, December 30, 2007

the last FO's of '07

So, it's been a while! I hope you all had a delightful Christmas and time with families, etc.! Mine was very nice, a little chaotic - but when isn't it when you get together with everyone?
Since it's been so long since I posted, I have quite a bit of knitting to share :) I finished the first of my toe up socks, but the bind off is too tight - needs to be redone...I planned to do that tonight, but I can't find it! So hopefully it'll turn up - pictures soon!

I finished Aaron's penguin with plenty of time to spare. I think another Pasha is in my future though - this one came out sooo cute I didn't want to give it away. I wish I had started it earlier, so I could have shown it off in person. Aaron seemed to really like it. I made it with bulkier yarn than stated in the pattern - I used a bulky novelty yarn from JoAnn's - Angel Hair Sensations, but knit it at a tighter gauge to keep the stuffing from popping out. It's very soft. The yarn for the beak is some TLC Amore knit doubled - it was left over from a crochet pillow a few years ago - I don't even know if that yarn is made anymore. I think I got it at a Walmart, or AC Moore. Pasha took just 3 evenings to make, and then stitched her up the next morning.
I also made a hat over Christmas - Foliage, from the fall Knitty. This was a quick knit - just 2 days. I love the way it turned out. Excuse the photos - it is very difficult to photograph one's own head, but by the time I found a friend to help out, there was no natural light anywhere. I used Malabrigo worsted in Geranio. This was my first top down hat - the first 3 rows were a little fiddly, but once I made it past that there were no problems. I have quite a bit of the yarn left over, but I'm not sure if it's enough for another hat - maybe a child's hat? I did the top increases magic loop, then used a 16 inch circ for the body. And, last but not least, Lara is complete - well, she's been done for a while, but the only pictures I've managed to get are terrible. So here's one modeled by Marilyn. Soon I'll get one on me. I have worn it a few times - it is incredibly warm. Perfect for my office. This was a super fast knit - only 2 weeks! But it took me another week and a half before it was seamed....and now here we are.Now I'm off for some Ravelry browsing - I have some single skeins that I'm trying to use up!

2 comments:

Sassy Knitter said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! That Lara is Beautiful and so is that hat!! I love them!!

I hope you did both for yourself!! They are too pretty to give to anyone!!

Happy New Year!

Laurie

Laura said...

Its got to be the little brother. The peanut allergy, the family resemblance, its the only thing that makes sense. I'm on the episode from 12/03/07 (when the best friend confronts Hannah and all that)