Friday, November 9, 2007

Long weekend....

My last few weekends have been busy - with friends and knitting, especially. Could there be any better kind of busy? I think not.

2 weeks ago, Kristen, Melinda, Gena and I made the trek to Asheville for some fibery goodness. SAFF was happening - so there we were, decked out in handknits. Gena does a much better job of keeping up with her blog, so you can read about some of our adventures on her page. We had an amazing time, got to meet some new friends at the Ravelry/Blogger meetup, saw alpacas and llamas, and of course, bought yarn.....oh, the yarn. It was quite an overload to the senses. I'll have to post yarn pictures another day - the time change has left me with hardly any natural light during my at home time, and my photos are suffering greatly.

Last weekend, Kristen had us over for some food and hang out time - and we did a little impromptu photo shoot for Mr. Greenjeans. I finished him just in time to wear to SAFF, but with all the excitement, I forgot to get pictures. (Also - I'm a terrible photogropher.) Kristen, who has a cute picnic bench near her apartment, and much more photo taking skills than I, emailed me some great shots.

I think my favorite on is the one with the raglan detail - it looks so clean! I loved knitting this, and it will definitely be a staple in my wardrobe this fall.

In other fall news, I received my dischcloth swap
package from my super cool pal Anita just after
Halloween. I wish I had taken a picture before I ripped into it - everything was packaged in black and orange tissue paper. Anita sent me a great dishcloth - I had that same yarn, and had the hardest time finding a pattern that it looked right with, but she did it..I love it. There was also some of my favorite chocolate, some bamboo needles in my most used size, and all sorts of goodies. She sent some linen yarn, which I've been wanting to try, and a super soft soy blend. I can't wait to use them. Thanks so much!


There has been more knitting, but thats an update for another night. I'm going to catch up on last nights Grey's, do some swatching, and then get to bed....I'm spending the day tomorrow with my best friend from high school, and I'm so excited to have a girls day out. And since we have Monday off, there's an extra day to recover!

2 comments:

Elke said...

Thanks for coming over last week even though you weren't feeling well. We were certainly glad to have your company! I'm glad the pictures of Mr. Greenjeans turned out to your liking. :)

Have fun at the wedding this weekend - I look forward to hanging out with everyone again next weekend.

Knitting Diva said...

Oh, your Mr. Greenjeans is Awesome and such a wonderful sweater for all occasions...I think I need to add it to my very long "must knit" list.