Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all...I hope you were able to celebrate with friends and family today. I had a big meal with my family this afternoon, and now I'm quite thankful the peace and quiet of my apartment with a glass of wine and some knitting! All my siblings were home, and it was nice to spend time with my family. I certainly have a lot to be thankful for.
And now - finished socks! I finished these last week, but hadn't had a chance to post them yet. I wore them to work the other day, and I love them! They kept my feet nice and toasty in my chilly office. They're made out of ONLine Supersocke, with size 2 needles. The yarn was a birthday gift from Laurie earlier this year.

And of course, since one should not go long without socks on the needles, I started a new pair this afternoon out of my Miss Babs sportweight - a SAFF purchase. I'm in love already! I got the ribbing done this afternoon while watching my Dad and brothers play some version of baseball in the backyard. (Second base was a lawn chair...)


Last but not least.....the leaf lace shawl is off the needles, but as of yet unblocked. There will be pictures soon!

2 comments:

Sassy Knitter said...

I LOVE THEM! They look great! I am glad you enjoyed making them. Hope you had a wonderful holiday!!

Yake care- Hugs and Kisses and see you soon!

Sassy Knitter said...

I meant Take care - not Yake. Geese.. I am still asleep.