Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Whoa...

So, it's been awhile - hi friends! I am still blogging, and knitting, but life has been a little crazy lately. But I hadn't realized quite how long it had been.

I have finally got the apartment looking like a home instead of a storage unit...which also means I can spend my evening with guilt free knitting. Although it was 92 degrees yesterday - thats right..NINETY TWO - in OCTOBER...I can feel fall coming. My favorite season. I love sweaters and leaves and fall tv. So, it is just right that I should combine the three.
I am working away on Mr. Greenjeans, but I caved in and started the Leaf Lace Shawl. My fingers were itching, and after watching Kristen, Gena and Melina and their beautiful lace, I couldn't wait. I am using Sweet Georigia's Handpainted Lace in Coffee Bean. It's a light, rusty brown that looks perfect for fall leaves. I'm really enjoying it so far. It's at the point now that it's moving pretty quickly, although that won't last long. I've had a hard time getting a good photo, but here's an idea of what it looks like.
After using that tiny little lace yarn, the worsted for my sweater feels huge! It's looking good - I am about halfway through the rib and cables. I am hoping to have it finished in time for SAFF...I'd like to able to wear it then. I am doing the cables without a cable needle, and it is going so much faster! I can't wait to wear it.Well, that's it for tonight - but I promise, the next post won't be so far away :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dishcloth swap partner! It's been very hot here too!!! Upper 80's, humid, but now it's not reaching above lower 50's. Don't you love the fall weather? Anyway, have a great weekend, and just wanted to say hi. Your package should be sent out in the next week or so!

Your dishcloth swap partner