Sunday, October 14, 2007

Finally Fall

Fall has finally arrived in Winston Salem! It's still pretty warm in the afternoons, but there have been a few quite chilly days. I spent part of the weekend near Pilot Mountain with some friends -the leaves haven't done much changing yet, but the fall air seems so much more crisp in the mountains. We spent much of Friday night wrapped in blankets on the porch, watching stars - we saw 3 shooting stars! It was the perfect start to fall.

I have been knitting away like a madwoman on my cardigan. I bound off on the body this afternoon, and I'll probably pick up on the sleeves tonight. It's coming along well. It's a teeny bit small, but I know it'll grow a little bit once it's washed and blocked. I've done a little more work on the leaf lace shawl, but it looks pretty much the same, so I'll spare you more rumply pictures. More updates soon!

2 comments:

Elke said...

Your cardigan is absolutely lovely. I can't wait to see it in person. Will you be at Knit Night this week? I will! I'm bringing my mother and sister as well.

Does the Sweet GA laceweight have a nice drape to it?

Virtuous said...

Yeah the mornings and evenings have been crisp here to in the Queen City.

Really nice progress on your cardi! I can't wait to see it all done. This is the only item I really liked frm the fall Knitty.com