Thursday, September 20, 2007

It's done!

The Not So Shrunken Cardigan made it's debut yesterday...I finished the ruffle and sewed in the ends on Tuesday night, and wore it to work and Knit Night yesterday. It was a great success! I think this is topping the list of my favorite things. It fits perfectly and was a fun, low maintenence knit. I am now hooked on Silky Wool...I will certainly be using it again. I got several comments on my sweater at work - it's so exciting to hear someone say that they like it. Jo took some pics at the shop last night....(there are a few more on Ravelry.) Stats:
Pattern: Marilyn's Not So Shrunken Cardigan, but Wendy Bernard of Knit and Tonic
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, 4.10 skeins
Needles: KP options 6 and 4, size E crochet hook (for ruffle)
Time: month and a half?
Mods: I only did one row of the ruffle - one seemed just right to me. My ruffle seemed more pronounced than the others I've seen on ravelry or blogs.

So, since I'm done with the cardi, I can cast on for another one! I've ordered some more Silky Wool in parchment for the Tangled Yoke, but it's on backorder - so, tonight I'll be casting on for Mr. Greenjeans. I can't wait - this is the cardigan I've been waiting for. I spent many hours browsing blogs for the perfect cabled cardigan, and I think this one is it. It involves 3 of my favorite things - top down raglan, cables, cardigan....yeah, this is it.

I finally picked up the Hedera socks again! No pictures yet, but the first sock now has a heel flap - the heel has been turned and the guesset is ready to be picked up. I'm slowly making progress on Cozy. I worked on it during a yarn lunch with the girls last weekend, and will probably take it babysitting tomorrow.

And again - the Fall into Autumn Topic of the Week...

Whenyou knit or crochet dishclothes, washclothes or face clothes, what do you use? What size needle or hook? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for clothes? What is so special about it?

When I knit dishcloths I usually use Peaches/Sugar and Cream yarn, and metal needles. The slickness of metal needles makes the cotton knit a little easier. I ususally use old Susan Bates straight needles - I like the shorter 9/10 in length needle. I rarely crochet anymore, but I always use Susan Bates hooks - they have the perfect hook. As far as yarns...I love a lot of yarns....
Alright...I'm leaving off here - time for some quality knitting time!

6 comments:

Knitting Diva said...

Your cardi is totally too cute and the ruffle looks perfect for you!I'm loving the Mr. Greenjeans sweater, it seems to be a favorite of many bloggers.

Elke said...

You've knit a lot of really wonderful things but I must say this is my absolute favorite. I'm so glad I got to see it in person last night!

Dipsy said...

This cardigan is absolutely adorable - you look great in it! I especially love the ruffles, they make it all the more special! This one's a keeper for sure, congratulations!!!

Sassy Knitter said...

This is way too cute!! I miss seeing you!! Hope everything is going well!!

Gena said...

It really does look great! And the fit is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the cardi!! Sorry I've been AWOL. No excuse really, but yeah, getting your dishcloth package together...yeah, that's it!!

Your Secret Pal