Friday, September 14, 2007

finally friday...

I am so ready for the weekend. It has been one long week. I'm looking forward to some lazy time.

So...the new Knitty is up - and again my queue gets longer. I am dying to make Mr. Greenjeans. I have some heathery green/teal Cascade 220 that would be perfect - I was originally going to use it for Wicked, but I think this'll be better. I tend to wear cardigans more than pullovers, although Wicked will stay on my queue - who knows when I'll get to either one of them. I also really like the Tussie Mussie cardi - but I don't really like reverse stockinette that much - if I decide to make it, I'd probably do it in stockinette, but with wide purl gutters around the floral pattern....we'll see. (How many cardigans does one girl need anyway?) There were some really cute hats too.

Speaking of cardigans....the Not So Shrunken one is nearly done! I've finished the body and sleeves, and sewed down the hems last night. All I have left is the button bands, neckline and ruffle. I have never knit anything that needed a button band before, so it will be somewhat of an adventure. I'm hoping to be done in time to wear it this Wednesday to Knit Night. I can't wait!
I've been working pretty exclusively on the cardi, so there's not much else to report knitwise. If only I had more time - there is so much I want to do!

And before I forget - the Fall into Autumn topic of the week....Do I change my knitting habits with the weather? Well, I've really only been knitting seriously for less than a year. But I did notice I did a lot of knitting with cotton and cotton blends this summer, and all the projects I have coming up are wool/wool blends - So I guess I tend to knit my garments seasonally. And speaking of seasons - Hallelujah....Fall is almost year. I was actually a little chilly on the way out the door this morning. Bring it on!

3 comments:

Elke said...

A girl can never have too many cardigans!

Looking forward to hanging out tomorrow!

Dipsy said...

This cardi is going to be so beautiful - it actually already is! I love the colorway!

Knitting Diva said...

Your cardigan is beautiful...another success story for you!

Like you, I am sooo ready for "Fall". Hope to see you soon at knit night.