Friday, September 7, 2007

Fall into Autumn

So, I had so much fun with my last swap, that I thought I'd do another one! There's a fall dishcloth exchange, and I love fall. So, here is my questionnaire...

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
I do both, though primarily knit.

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
Yes - I use dishcloths is my kitchen, and I think they make great gifts.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before?
I usually use Sugar/Peaches n Cream for dishcloths - I like Knitpicks shine for facecloths. I'd like to try Cotton Chenille or something with linen in it.

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
Um, I use my knitpicks options for almost everything, but I usually use straight needles for dishcloths....I like metal or wood.

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?
I love reds/pinks/burgandy/brown and blues/greens/purple. I don't like neon/really bright colors.

6. What do you like best about Autumn?
Wearing cozy sweaters, taking walks in the leaves.

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks
I love pumpkin and apple! yum!

!8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
Well, I was usually up early the first few days, but by the second week I had to be dragged out of bed.

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap).
I LOVE Halloween.

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
ooh, tough. Popcorn, cheese and snickers ice cream bars.

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
nope...

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
hmm - maybe a merino - I get a little pilly sometimes, but brush it off, and I'm back to normal!

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
mostly dishcloths

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
Halloween is probably one of my favorite holidays. The past few years, my roomates and I carved pumpkins the night before and then dressed up to hand out candy - we lived in a great neighborhood.

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?
um, cats - both an allergy and an aversion... :)

yay- I'm so excited!

coming soon - a post with knitting progress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen! I'm your new partner for the Fall into Autumn exchange. Yay, I'm so excited....have to read more of your blog to get to know you better. Looking forward to spoiling you!!!