Tuesday, August 21, 2007

quick update and a meme

It's been a very busy week since I last posted, and this one will be quick, and rather unexciting since I have no fun photos to share.

On the life front: I started my new job yesterday, and so far, so good! I think I'll enjoy it, although I'm a touch overwhelmed right now. Life in the banking world is much different than life as a nanny....I am still working on getting settled in the new apartment. It's so hard to unpack - I wish I could just come home and everything would be put away, you know? It is nice to get a chance to reorganize though.

Knitwise: The Ogee Lace skirt is finished, just needs blocking. It's been done for almost a week, but life got in the way. Pictures coming soon! I've got a few more inches to do on the body of the pink cardigan, and am almost done with the Trekking socks. I've somewhat lost the will to work on those - maybe I'll take them to Knit night tomorrow - they're good mindless knitting.

And now, Gena tagged me for a meme - here goes!

Four jobs I have had:
1. Nanny - I spent the last year being a nanny to a great family. I love kids, and can't wait to have my own...although, most days I was glad to be able to go home to my quiet place!
2. Farm girl - When I was 16, I worked at the produce stand at the farm across the street for a summer. I appreciate fresh veggies much more now then I did then.
3. Preschool Teacher - I was the assisstant vocab. teacher at a preschool for deaf children for two years. It was one of the hardest and most rewarding things I've ever done - I miss those kids!
4. Jason's Deli - I was the delivery coordinator/order taker at Jason's Deli in high school and summers/holidays in college. My first "real" job. It was almost a year before I ate there again - I found one of my old hats while packing up and it still smells of corned beef!

Four places I have lived:
1. Charlotte, NC - only for the first 6 months of my life, so I have no real memories
2. East Bend, NC - I grew up in this tiny town, in the middle of a farm, lived there until I went away to college.
3. Cullowhee, NC - spent 2 years at Western Carolina University. Made some great friends, but school wasn't for me.
4. Winston Salem, NC - lived in Ardmore for the past 3 years, and just moved into a new apartment this week!

Four Favorite Foods:
1. pasta - pretty much any kind, any time!
2. omlets - I rarely eat breakfast, but I love a good omlet
3. potato - mashed, baked, french fries, hashbrowns.....bring it on!
4. blueberries - my parents have bushes, yum....

Four places I would rather be:
1. London...it's been so long since I've been there
2. relaxing on a beach somewhere
3. in New York - I missed the family trip this year.
4. sleeping - darn you, caffeine!

soo, I tag:
1. Laura
2. Laurie
3. Amy
4. Mickenzie

2 comments:

Sassy Knitter said...

Ok - I am an idiot...

What do I need to do??

L

Elke said...

I hope you're settling into the new job & new apartment well. I look forward to hearing all about both. :)