Thursday, August 9, 2007

busy, busy

Once again, it's been a while.... Life has been a little crazy lately. I will probably not be posting too much this month - Mick and I found an apartment and are moving in next week, and then my job starts the following week, so I doubt I'll have much time to knit, let alone blog. However, I plan to spend the weekend with my yarn.

I'm almost done with the Ogee Lace Skirt. The skirt body is done, and just the finishing is left. I got distracted by Marilyn's Not So Shrunken Cardigan, from Knit and Tonic. This picture is just a swatch, but I'm about 5 inches down the raglan increases now. I'm using Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool and I love it! I can't wait to get this cardi done - I think it'll be perfect over a button down shirt or a tank.


My trekking socks are moving along. I finished the first one, and
have started the heel flap on the second. I'll probably take these
while I babysit tomorrow night.

This dishcloth is the Woozy Cloth from smarieknits. I made it for my Dog Days of Summer partner. I just finished packing her box and it'll be in the mail first thing tomorrow. The dishcloth was so fun and quick to make - I almost don't want to give it away! I can see myself making more of these. The stitch pattern is the same one used in Knitty's Breeze socks...I think I have some yarn in the stash that might work for those - hmmm.

3 comments:

Elke said...

Congratulations on finding an apartment. Are we going to be living near each other now?

Can't wait to see you (and all your projects) at Knit Night on Wednesday!

Ann Marie said...

I can't wait to see the skirt!

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

THANK-YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH, KAREN!! I just loved everything you made and sent to me! What a lucky girl I am and how talented and sweet you are! I posted the goody package on my blog today for the rest of the world to oooooo and aaaaah!