Wednesday, July 11, 2007

monkeying around

The monkey socks are off the needles and on my feet! I think these might be my favorite socks - they fit perfectly, and the look couldn't be better. I had a hard time getting a true color picture, but these ones came out alright.

Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.

Yarn: Miss Bab's Superwash Sock Yarn in Chocolate Roses

Needles: size 2 bamboo dpns

Time: about 2.5 weeks

Mods: none really - only did 4 pattern repeats for the leg. Fantastic pattern - I want more monkeys!
I've cast on for my next pair of socks too. I got my first kit from the Knit Picky sock club last week, and started a ribbed sock with my new yarn from the Painted Sheep - in the Knit Picky colorway! I can't wait til Laura is open for business. This will probably be my at work project. I've also started the Ogee Lace skirt from the Summer IK - it requires a bit more attention. I hope to have pictures soon.

3 comments:

knitting bean said...

Your Monkeys are beautiful! I also have that Miss Babs color and was wondering what to make out of it. Hmmmmm, might have to make some monkeys! Did you have much left over? I noticed you did four repeats. I think the pair I made had six repeats - I can't remember. Anyway - back to you and your beautiful socks! Great job!

Laura said...

I'm so excited to see you using my yarn!! No one has made anything out of my yarn yet!! Other than me, and my mom...

I can't wait to see it in person!

Elke said...

Oh, wow! Your socks turned out gorgeous (and it is such a perfect color for the pattern)

I really miss hanging out with everyone at knit night. Hopefully, I will be able to come back soon. I hope the summer has been treating you well!