Saturday, July 7, 2007

long weekend.

I've had a long weekend off work this week, but it has been busy. I finally put on the Rusted Root this morning, and hit up Mick and my Mom for their photography skills....s0 here we go!(ps - does anyone know how I can make my pics appear side to side, so my post isn't sooo long?)
Pattern: Zephyr Girls Rusted Root, size small
Yarn: Cascade Sierra in Charcoal
Needles: Size 7 addis
Time: a little over 2 weeks
Mods: Started with neck ribbing instead of picking up stitches, and made the bottom ribbing a little shorter.

I had a lot of fun with this pattern - it went pretty quick, and I loved the yarn (although I think it was improperly named - chocolate would be better, don't you think?)

I'm still working on my Monkey socks - I'm starting the gusset decreases on the second one now. I still can't get over how perfect the yarn is for the pattern. I am babysitting tonight, and should make good progress once the kids are in bed.
My family recently went to New York to visit my Mom's family. I was unable to go, what with moving and work. Maybe next time. However, my Grandma, a former knitter, sent me a big box of fun! :) She sent a very cool vintage project basket, and a ton of vintage needles, hooks and notions. I have had so much fun playing with them. Well, I'm off to search for a birthday gift for my Mom...any ideas?

2 comments:

Elke said...

Wow, it looks like those Monkey socks are going to match the Rusted Root really well! To put your pics side-by-side you can either paste them together in paint, or try just aligning them to the left or right in blogger instead of centering them.

Your Mom has a busy life raising so many kids, so you should give her something relaxing for her birthday. Some suggestions are a soothing CD or a novel.

Gena said...

Rusted Root looks great! Really makes me want to knit it for the fall!

I'm about to start my monkey socks soon. I hope they look as good as yours.