Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ice Cream

Well, so far this week has been exceptionally quiet with the kids, so much knitting has been done! K had a friend over this morning, and they played with J very nicely...so I had an easy morning. They're both just up from quiet time and we're putting in a dvd, so I'm good for another hour and a half :)

I finished my Knit Picky Socks last night! They went pretty quickly and I'm very happy with them. The colors are not something I would pick out on my own, but I really like it - very cheerful! I love the way the yarn worked up - no pooling or flashing, just a very nice variegation. (Great job, Laura!)The socks fit well - I'm finally getting to where my socks fit, and aren't too tight. In fact, I probably could've made these a teeny bit tighter, but I think they'll be good. I had a little yarn left and I made a sock for my keyring sock blocker while watching the British/original version of The Office last night.
Pattern: My own, sort of cobbled together from other patterns
Needles: size 2 bamboo dpns
Yarn: FootPrints by The Painted Sheep - Knit Picky Colorway :)
Time: just over a week

This morning I cast on for a new sock in Trekking XXL. I'm trying to keep socks on the needles at all times to keep up steam for Summer of Socks - and to pare down my stash a little. My last socks looked like rainbow sherbet, and these look like Neapolitan Ice Cream...yum! I'm using my Chrystal Palace dpns for the first time, and I really like them.


I'm moving along on the Ogee Lace Skirt as well. No new pictures, but I'm about halfway done with the body of the skirt. It's a really fun knit, but I'm enjoying having a simple stockinette sock that requires little thinking and no eye-crossing charts.

2 comments:

Elke said...

You're really tearing through this summer of socks! Do you have a goal of how much sock yarn you want to get through, or are you just knitting them at your leisure?
The socks turned out lovely & I adore the way that colorway of Trekking patterns when knit up. Your mini-sock is !
Hope I get to see you sometime soon :)

Dipsy said...

Your socks are absolutely beautiful - I so love the happy and cheerful colorway, and the pattern looks great too! Beautiful work - and the mini sock is ever so cute!