Wednesday, July 25, 2007

finished

Well, yesterday I finished up both my Trekking socks and Harry Potter. I'm sad the series is done, but I'm happy with how things wrapped up.

The Trekking socks are off the needles - and they look great, if I do say so myself. They match almost perfectly! You can see a spot where my guage must've changed momentarily after the gusset. The brown and cream fairisle-y section is a little wonky - but I love it. It wasn't as hard as I thought to make them match - in fact, knowing that I started in the same place helped me make sure the socks turned out the same length - which I tend to have a problem with when doing plain stockinette or ribbed socks. I can't wait until fall, so that I actually have a reason to wear these!
Pattern: Basic Sock from Ann Budd's Handy book of Patterns
Yarn: Trekking 126
Needles: size 1.5 bamboo dpns
Time: one week

I just cast on for my next pair as well - Jaywalkers using the purple Sassy Stripes yarn. I clearly am the only knitter to have not knit these. When I added them to my ravelry notebook, I suddenly had one more project in common with almost all my "neighbors!" Several months ago I started some stockinette socks in this yarn, but they were tiny - I am recyling them for the Jaywalkers - I think the stripes will look good. I'll post pictures once I have more done. I'm having fun with this Summer of Socks - I don't have a specific goal in mind, but would like to use up a lot of what I have stashed away...no more new yarn for me!

My poor skirt has been sadly neglected. I didn't want to take it while traveling, and I just haven't had the time to sit down with something that needs concentration. Hopefully there will be updates soon. I'm out of town again this weekend, for another wedding.

In other news, I have a job interview tomorrow! I'm a little nervous, but just getting the interview makes me more optomistic. I really need a new job, though I'll be sad to leave the kids. So, wish me luck!

3 comments:

Elke said...

Wow, you're really taking this summer of socks thing seriously! I am truly impressed with how well the Trekking socks match. I never could have pulled that off! I suspect that is the real reason I don't knit with self-patterning yarns!

I just wanted to say good luck on your job interview. I'm sure you'll do great.

Ann Marie said...

Hey Karen,
The socks look great!! Hope your interview went well.

Juli said...

Beautiful SOCKS!