Monday, July 23, 2007

back to the grind

This weekend my roommate Mickenzie and I went to Georgia for a little mini-vacation. We stayed with her family, and then stopped to have dinner with my uncle on the way home last night. It was a fun trip, and quite relaxing. Mick has the cutest little neice, and she and another little cousin provided tons of entertainment.
The car ride there and back provided tons of knitting time, and my
trekking socks are moving right along. I'm almost done with the guesset decreases on the second one. They are matching up very nicely. Since they are just stockinette, they are super easy. I finally picked up Harry Potter this weekend and after dinner I'm sitting down with it - and maybe the socks, since they require very little attention.



I've been doing a lot of dishcloths this summer, too. I made some for my Mom and Grandma, and now all my Aunts want them too! They are so quick - a little instant gratification, anyone? Also, dishcloth cotton is so cheap, and it gives me a chance to use all the fun colors I'd never wear. I picked up some yarn for my Dog Days of Summer pal, and now I need to pick out a pattern to go with it.

1 comment:

Elke said...

Wow! Those socks are matching amazingly well. I must say I'm impressed.

Of course you won't get this message for at least 12ish hours because you're going to be entirely sucked into HP and won't even be glancing at the internet. Enjoy! :)