Tuesday, June 26, 2007

socks and swaps

I know I haven't been updating tons lately - I want to, but in between working non-stop and moving, I'm hardly ever online.

I'm still trucking on my Monkey's for Summer of Socks. I love the way the Miss Babs yarn looks - it is perfect for this pattern. I'm having a hard time getting a good picture of it though. The Rusted Root is flying - I only have a few more inches to go. It's been a fun knit.


So, I recently did a sock kit swap through livejournal - It was so much fun! I packed up a kit for Marianne, but I'm not sure if it's gotten to her yet, so I won't spoil what I put in it. I got my kit from Becca on Friday. She hand-dyed me some super cool yarn, AND got me some Jitterbug, which I've been dying to try - as well as some of the Knitpicks dnps, which I've been wanting to try. I love my bamboo needles, but after a while they tend to get splintery at the ends - I'm looking forward to trying the metal ones with my new sock yarn! I also got a book, a travel journal, some tea, awesome handmade soap, a rose applique and some Mary Kay samples. It was so fun to get home from a long day at work and get a fun package. Becca also made me my ravelry button, in the links section of my blog.
Speaking of, I am loving ravelry! It's so much fun to see what other people are knitting, and finding other people making the same things as me. I've been digging through my photo's adn trying to get updated - what a great way to keep up with my things.

Alright, time to get packing - my brother is coming to help me move some boxes...so I guess I should pack them up :)

No comments: