Tuesday, June 19, 2007

slow down

Whew - I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted! Life has been incredibly crazy, but good. My best friend Mickenzie has moved here from Florida, and we spent last weekend at a wedding. In between work, weddings and moving, I've been neglecting my little blog - but I did knit whenever I had the chance. My dad and brothers came over last night to move my big furniture, and under my bed was my missing camera cord - now we have pictures, too! Our cable/internet is off during the move, so my updates may not be quite as frequent.

Here is a pic of Mickenzie and I all dressed up in our bridesmaids dresses - it was soo much fun. The night before we left I whipped up a garter for the bride. I ended up crocheting it, because I couldn't find a pattern I loved, and it's a little easier for me to just make something up with crochet. It's done with a G6 hook and Cascade fixation yarn, and thin white ribbon. The "pattern" is my own, and it took about 30-45 minutes.

I've also finished my ChickAmi, but will save the pics of that for
later - I don't look very good in them ;). I have broken down and started the Rusted Root. I had to start it twice, but it's finally making progress. I am about 1/2way down the sleeves, and 3 lace repeats in. I am using Cascade Sierra, and it feels so good. I can't wait to wear it!






I missed the Charity Knit Night last night, since it was the only time my Dad had available for moving. I hope it went well! I will be at Knit Night tomorrow night, though - I can't wait.

Well, I'm off - I just checked my email, and I got my RAVELRY invite! Woo hoo - I'm off to play!

3 comments:

The Finer Skeins in Life said...

I'm so glad you were able to read my blog as well! As a new blogger, it's really amazing to me that someone would want to view my site. I love the garter you made. Did you crochet first or knit first? I taught myself crochet first, then knitting. However, it seemed like it made it harder to learn to knit than to crochet. I am so jealous on the Ravelry invite, you lucky girl! Take care and Happy Wednesday.!

Gena said...

Ya'll look great in your dresses! Glad you had fun - I just love weddings!

Macoco said...

Love the crochet garter!