Tuesday, May 22, 2007

a spare moment

I've been meaning to post for days, but as usual, time slips away. I have a bit more spare time this week. (I hope!) One of my dearest friends, Betsey, got married on Saturday so my week was full of wedding stuff. I will try to post some pictures once we get them back - none of the ones I took came out very well. This was my first time being a bridesmaid, and it was a lot of fun, but I'm glad to be done. I'm in another wedding in June, and I'm so excited for that one too- but I'm exhausted!

Since I don't have any wedding photos, I'll show you the thong I knit for the lingerie shower. Bets loved it - and it was an amazingly quick knit. It's the Valentine's Day thong from the Stitch & Bitch daily calendar, knit from black fixation on size 5 needles. Quick and fun!
On the knitting front - I've made some progress on the PP tank, but haven't touched it since last Wednesday. I was hoping to have it done in time to wear to Knit Night tomorrow, but I don't think I'll make it. I've just bound off the back, and am getting ready to separate the front for the V-neck and straps. I pulled it on over my shirt, and it looks like it's going to fit just right.I finished my Schulana socks today. They were fun to knit - however, they are a little too small. They feel fine, but the pattern is really stretched out. So, I think these will be a graduation gift for my little sister, Emily. Each sock took about 3 days to knit, but there was a few days inbetween. The yarn is soo soft and squishy. I have more, so now that I know my gauge, I'll pick a new pattern and go from there for socks for me!And it's back to the knitting for me!

2 comments:

Gena said...

HeeHee, naughty little presents are so fun! The top looks great, maybe you'll be able to wear it in next week. Oh, and thanks for your comments on my own blog ~ so sweet!

Elke said...

The PP is going to be sooo pretty. The picot edge is so delicate - did it take a long time? P.S. the thong is hilarious! Now I'm sad that no one I know is getting hitched anytime soon. =(