Monday, May 14, 2007

Hi Mick!

I've spent a lot of time the last few days reading others knitting blogs, and have finally sat down to update my own. One of my best friends, (soon to be roommate!) Mickenzie, just made a blog too- go check it out! Mick is moving here in June and I can't wait! She is also very crafty.

I am taking a break from the Tube Toporini. Perhaps we were not meant to be. I put it on some waste yarn, and it doesn't look that great. It's a very cute top, so one day I will probably work on it again. I left a comment on the Zephyrstyle message board, but haven't been replied to yet.

So! I have started another summer top, the Prosperous Plum Tank by Joanna C. I am learning lots of new techniques, and I think it will be cute. I got a lot done yesterday evening, and I plan to sit down later tonight and do some more. It is more purple than blue, but I'm not good at finguring out how to take good pictures. I'm also changing the direction of one of the cables, to make it more symmetrical - thank you, Craftster message boards! I found a thread on there with a few changes that I prefer to the original.On Saturday, I took advantage of a brief moment of spare time in between work and dress fittings, and went over to Knit Picky for the Mother's Day festivities. Laura made some great snacks, and it was fun to chat with her, Jo and Susan. I did not really go with the intentions of purchasing anything, but they had a surprise sale! So, I picked up some sock yarn I'd been eyeing over my last few visits - Miss Bab's hand dyed in Chocolate Roses...does it get any better than that? I took a picture, and you can see it on her website too. I also picked up some Wick in a blue/green color that I think will become a ChicKami.

3 comments:

Mick said...

Mmm.. The chocolate roses is delectable. I can't wait to see it worked up!

Mick said...

I wanna go to Knit Picky Knit for a Cause night that Monday after I move up there. It says there'll be a guest speaker from Newborns in Need, which appears to be something I'd be very interesed in.
Three more weeks!!! :-D

Elke said...

Hope you had fun at the wedding today!