Monday, May 28, 2007

happy memorial day!

If only every weekend were a long weekend! This one was especially nice - there was not much knitting, but I intend to remedy that right after this post is finished.

One of my best friends, Anna, spent the weekend. We spent Friday night relaxing with my roomates - we grilled out, took a walk down to the bar at First Street, then sat out and chatted with a pitcher of cosmos. It doesn't get much better than that! (Mickenzie - I can't wait until you're here, so we we can do this again!) We spent Saturday at a friend's wedding, then did some shopping and a movie.
I had the day off work today - and it was gorgeous outside! My roomates and I washed our cars in the yard this afternoon, then grilled out and watched Happy Feet this evening - its soo cute. Now that it's a little cooler, I'm going to sit by my window and enjoy the breeze with some knitting, and maybe another movie.

I've made a little more progress on the PP tank - Hopefully, I'll be able to finish it up tomorrow evening. I've decreased down to just the pattern part, so the straps should go quickly. Maybe it'll make it to Knit Night this week!
Although there wasn't tons of knitting this week, there was lots of yarn buying - I spent quite a bit of time at Knit Picky, and stocked up during the big sale. I'll be back for Sock day later this week, but after that, I'm gong to need to cut down - I have a lot of projects that need to be done, before I should buy any more yarn. I picked up a couple of skeins of Noro Kureyon, and decided to make a Booga bag. It goes so fast, since it's just knit in a straight tube! I love the way the Noro stripes, but it is awfully scratchy - my hands get so dry working with it. But I've seen it felted, and it looks so good. This will be my first felting experience. If all goes well, I might make Magknit's Sophie bag next.

4 comments:

Mick said...

You two look wonderful!!

I can't wait to see you in just TWELVE days!! :-D

Gena said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday weekend! The tank looks great, I can't wait to see it finished.

knitting bean said...

I had to laugh when you said you had to cut back on your yarn spending when this sale is over at Knit Picky! I was JUST thinking that to myself last night and then I remembered that Jo is coming back with all this wonderful stuff that I just KNOW I will have to have! I hope you have better willpower than I do! ;-) - Kristy

Juli said...

You look so pretty in your dress! Remind me to show you how to do the photo/link thing on Wed. night at the shop. It'll be easier to show you then to describe it. See ya tomorrow! :)