Wednesday, April 4, 2007

one finished, one started

So far, my break has been busy, but still leaving me with some good knitting time. Last night, Kristen had me over for some tv and knitting. I worked a little bit on Katie's second sock, and Kristen worked on her twist front top - which is incredibly georgous. I can't wait to see her wear it. She took a picture of my socks for me, and so I finally have one that shows off the color well. I worked on it a little more today while the kids were playing in the yard, and I was sitting on the porch. It was beautiful today!
After that, I headed home and wove in all the ends on my Cropped Cardi. It's done, minus the blocking! I took it to Knit Night at Knit Picky tonight to show it off. (Thanks for all the compliments ladies!) I took a picture of it on Marilyn, but I'm going to wear it on Sunday, and I'll get my Mom to take a picture of me in it. I will definitely make this pattern again. Right now, it's held together with a spare dpn, but I plan to make some sort of pin to hold it together. My shoulders are not very broad at all, so it slips off a little - Kristen had a great idea to add some ribbon to the neckline, so I may explore that too.
I started on my Green (or pink) Gable tonight. I worked through some off the lace pattern, and I'm going to sit down with a movie and try to get a little more done tonight. I had some friends over briefly, and they've just left - but I have tomorrow off, so I can sleep in, so I'm going to stay up a little later. I'll take a picture of that later, but there isn't much to see now.

1 comment:

Sassy Knitter said...

I have to say that this cardigan is so beautiful up close. You did such a wonderful job on it!! It is so pretty! This picture does not really show it off enough!!
If it comes up missing - don't come looking at my house for it!!!
Take a picture of you in it!! Flaunt it!!