Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Meet Marilyn

This is Marilyn, my faithful dressform. She is a little off from my actual proportions, but I haven't yet had a chance to reshape her lately. I call her Marilyn because she stands over the air vent in my sewing room - and if she's wearing a dress, her skirt may fly up, a la Marilyn Monroe. Here Marilyn models my fitted tank. I am putting this aside, and saying it's done - but we all know one day the neckline will get the best of me, and I'll rip it out and redo it. But until then, I'm considering it a Finished Object.

This was my first real garment, and even though I don't love it, I really learned a lot.

Stats:
pattern: Blue Sky Fitted Tank
yarn: 3 skiens Blue Sky Dyed Cotton in Pickle
needles: sixe 7 addi turbos
mods: I lowered the front neckline, and changed a the back decreases
time: about 2 1/2 weeks?

No comments: