Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cropped Cardi

I know I've been promising pictures, and I finally got around to it today. I stopped by Knit Picky after work today in search of yarn for a tank top - and left with yarn for socks. I was wearing my cardi today, and since there was a brief moment of not quite as much wind, Jo was able to take a picture for me! I also got one of my roommates to take a few later on.




I am really pleased with how this came out. It went so quickly and was a lot of fun. I think I'm going to make it again in a summery pink - I think the only change I would make is to go down a size. I have pretty slim shoulders, and this just wants to slip off. Part of this was my yarn choice, which if very drape-y. Also - the model in the pattern photo must have gigantic upper arm muscles - I decreased an inch off the arms and they are still very loose.


Stats:

  • Pattern: Blue Sky Cropped Cardigan
  • Yarn: Berocco Bonsai
  • Needles: size 10 & 11 clover circs, 29 inches, 10 & 11 bamboo dpns
  • Time: one week!
  • mods: decreased sleeves, made them a little shorter as well

Also, I wore the cutest shoes today with my cardi - and I can't help but show them off! (I love shoes!)


I've been a little behind on my blogging this week, so maybe I'll catch up a little more tomorrow night. I finished my Green Gable this weekend, so if the weather plays nice, maybe it'll get a day out soon!

2 comments:

Sassy Knitter said...

I LOVE IT!!!
The shoes are great with it! It is such a beautiful sweater! Flaunt it girl!!

Elke said...

Hooray! It looks so lovely. I'm wearing the twist-front top tonight so you have to wear the green gable! I'll be casting on for the GG tonight. I hope mine looks as lovely as yours.