Friday, March 9, 2007

Everybody's Doing It...

I've been slow about jumping onto the knit blog bandwagon, but decided to hop on today. I love to read other blogs, so I thought I'd try one out. And if no one reads it, at least I'll have a place to keep track of my projects.

This will be primarily a knitting blog, which is my current obsession. I'll probaby throw in the occasional sewn clothing and maybe a little crochet (my first love). So to get started, here's a little knitting survey so you can get to know me...


What’s your worst habit relating to your knitting? I'm not well organized - needles, yarn and half finished projects all over the place.
In what specific ways does your knitting make you a better person? It helps me to de-stress
How might you or your life be different if you were suddenly unable to knit? Well, I'd be quite sad...also, I'd watch less TV, which is what I do while knitting at home/at night.
If money were no object, what one yarn, and what one tool or gadget would you run out and buy first? Hmm...I'd probably buy alpaca/silk yarn and Addi Turbos or Lantern Moon circs...due to the budget, I'm only replacing my Susan Bates and Clover needles when neccessary...although I'm usually very happy with my clovers
What knitting technique or project type are you most afraid of (if any)? What, specifically, do you fear will happen when you try it? I'm intimidated by colorwork..I've done stripes, but beyond that I'm afraid of ending up with a tangled mess.
Do you consider knitting, for you personally, a mostly social activity, or a mostly solitary activity? It’s both, I knit alone often, but I love my knit nites at our LYS
Is there a particular regional tradition in knitting that you feel strongly drawn toward (e.g., Fair Isle, Scandinavian, Celtic, Orenburg lace)? Nothing in particular...I like classic looks
Some statistics:
(a) How many years have passed since you FIRST learned to knit? I was probably around 9 or 10, so about 13 years ago? (But I put down the needles when my Aunt Sue went back home, so I'm really a new knitter.)
(b) How many total years have you been actively, regularly knitting (i.e., they don’t have to have been in a row)? About 1.
(c) how many people have you taught to knit? None, but I did teach my sister to crochet.
(d) Roughly what percentage of your FOs do you give away (to anyone besides yourself, i.e., including your immediate family) Probably about 30%.
How often do you KIP (knit in public)? i.e., once a week, once a month, etc. Where do you do it? Almost every day, at school between class (even during class, when we're watching videos...depending on the professor... ;) ) I always have a sock in my purse for whenever I have an empty moment.
If a genie granted you one hour to stitch-n-bitch with any one knitter, living or dead, who would you choose and why? Hmm...I'd love to hang with Crazy Aunt Purl - (I'd never have learned to knit in the round without her blog!)
What aspect or task in knitting makes you most impatient? binding off!
What is it about knitting that never lets you get bored with it? the many things that can be done with it!
Describe how and where you most often do your knitting - where do you sit, what is going on around you, what tools do you use and how are they (dis)organized? I do most of my knitting on the couch..I try to keep all the supplies I need for that project in a tote bag.
Which one person is the recipient of more of your knitting than any other? Me :)
What’s the oddest thing about your knitting, or yourself as a knitter? I knit sort of awkardly, with little tension..but it works for me!
If you were allowed to own only one knitting-related book, which would it be? (you’d be free to browse others, but you couldn’t keep them) Ooh, I dont' know...I need some time to research
Is knitting the new yoga? Why or why not? It works for me!
What important thing are you trying to put off doing whenever you knit? Schoolwork.
Are you a Knit-Geek? Of course!

No comments: